Steve McCurry is an exceptional photographer who has captured many iconic contemporary images throughout the last 30 years with his raw abilities to pull the viewers into the image. If I had to pick my top 5 photographers of all time, he definitely would make that list.
I recently read an article on @petapixel that talked about his six most important tips to any photographer.
Six pieces of advice by renowned photojournalist Steve McCurry:
1. Don't focus so much on the destination that you miss photos along the journey.
2. You are a witness to history. Use your camera to show what life was like during our time.
3. Get involved in stories you care about. You need passion to shoot your best photos.
4. Get out and shoot. Too much preparation can lead to procrastination.
5. Build the right team. Your relationships could last your entire career.
6. Investing your life in your photography can be a very rewarding career.
Thank you Steve McCurry for giving us astounding imagery, your determination in telling the story and from some great advice on being a better photographer.